Raw Pet Food

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raw Pet Food

A forum for raw-feeding families to chat, discuss, and learn!

2 posters

Inspired by Sis: Show off your FREEZERS!

Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

Inspired by Sis: Show off your FREEZERS! Empty Inspired by Sis: Show off your FREEZERS!

Post  Kelly Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:35 pm

The big new freezer, "Bertha" (she is sadly empty, but soon we shall have her full!):

Top shelf & down: 1. human food 2. meat w/bone (basket = cat - no basket = dog) 3. basket = meat meals - no basket = meats to be chopped up still 4. meats to be chopped up still 5. EMPTY What a Face 6. basket = whole prey (mice, baby bunnies, juv bunnies)
    Inspired by Sis: Show off your FREEZERS! DSCF5045-1

Door top to bottom: 1. & 2. organs 3. whole squab 4. ground cat food 5. 'emergency meat' (meat i'm not sure is or is not seasoned for emerg use only)
    Inspired by Sis: Show off your FREEZERS! DSCF5044

The bird/human freezer (bird veg/muffins/seed/pellet, human veg, juice, random stuff):
    Inspired by Sis: Show off your FREEZERS! DSCF5047-1
    Inspired by Sis: Show off your FREEZERS! DSCF5048-1

The 'human only' freezer (our meat, frozen dinners for -those- nights, butter, cheese, etc):
    Inspired by Sis: Show off your FREEZERS! DSCF5046-1
    Heather
    Heather

Inspired by Sis: Show off your FREEZERS! Empty Re: Inspired by Sis: Show off your FREEZERS!

Post  Heather Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:17 pm

Inspired by Sis: Show off your FREEZERS! 2009_02240001
    Counts represent bags minus the ducks which are counted per bird. These items are in this..

Inspired by Sis: Show off your FREEZERS! 2009_02240004
    19.7 cu ft freezer!!

Let's look inside.

Inspired by Sis: Show off your FREEZERS! 2009_02240002
    Meats are organized down. Far right is venison. Clear bag is meaty bones, about 30 lbs in there. White trash bag is roadkill deer I processed in November or around then. Under that is 13 gallon and 1 two gallon bag fulls of mostly boneless meat but there are a few bags that are ribs. Next to that is where everything else lives minus the sheep and chicken.

Inspired by Sis: Show off your FREEZERS! 2009_02240003
    Other half of the freezer. The box of meat is my mom's dog's food and under that are the 10 lb bags of chicken. Eight of them I think. To the left of that is the sheep including the organs, head, legs.

Inspired by Sis: Show off your FREEZERS! 2009_02240005
    This stuff (add in 8 bags of L rats, 5 in each bag) is in my 5.7 cu ft freezer.

Inspired by Sis: Show off your FREEZERS! Squirrelinfreezer
    All you can see are 4 whole squirels though. Everything is rearranged in layers. I thought about getting an upright and they are great for organization but I think i can throw more crap in the chest style so I went with that. I've put a hold on meat intake for awhile as I have over 500 lbs for Amos, Waverli and now Brie. I didn't need to go food shopping for her homecoming atleast! I've been stockpiling for a year in preparation. Very Happy

I admit- I HAVE A PROBLEM!
    Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

Inspired by Sis: Show off your FREEZERS! Empty Re: Inspired by Sis: Show off your FREEZERS!

Post  Kelly Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:08 pm

So the empty shelf and the shelf that has stuff to be cut up are fuller! Got a garbage bag full o' meat tonight for free off Kijiji! *loves free meat*

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am