Raw Pet Food

A forum for raw-feeding families to chat, discuss, and learn!

Inspired by Sis: Show off your FREEZERS!

Kelly
    Admin

Inspired by Sis: Show off your FREEZERS!

Post  Kelly on Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:35 pm

The big new freezer, "Bertha" (she is sadly empty, but soon we shall have her full!):

Top shelf & down: 1. human food 2. meat w/bone (basket = cat - no basket = dog) 3. basket = meat meals - no basket = meats to be chopped up still 4. meats to be chopped up still 5. EMPTY What a Face 6. basket = whole prey (mice, baby bunnies, juv bunnies)

Door top to bottom: 1. & 2. organs 3. whole squab 4. ground cat food 5. 'emergency meat' (meat i'm not sure is or is not seasoned for emerg use only)

The bird/human freezer (bird veg/muffins/seed/pellet, human veg, juice, random stuff):

The 'human only' freezer (our meat, frozen dinners for -those- nights, butter, cheese, etc):

Re: Inspired by Sis: Show off your FREEZERS!

Post  Heather on Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:17 pm

Counts represent bags minus the ducks which are counted per bird. These items are in this..

19.7 cu ft freezer!!

Let's look inside.

Meats are organized down. Far right is venison. Clear bag is meaty bones, about 30 lbs in there. White trash bag is roadkill deer I processed in November or around then. Under that is 13 gallon and 1 two gallon bag fulls of mostly boneless meat but there are a few bags that are ribs. Next to that is where everything else lives minus the sheep and chicken.

Other half of the freezer. The box of meat is my mom's dog's food and under that are the 10 lb bags of chicken. Eight of them I think. To the left of that is the sheep including the organs, head, legs.

This stuff (add in 8 bags of L rats, 5 in each bag) is in my 5.7 cu ft freezer.

All you can see are 4 whole squirels though. Everything is rearranged in layers. I thought about getting an upright and they are great for organization but I think i can throw more crap in the chest style so I went with that. I've put a hold on meat intake for awhile as I have over 500 lbs for Amos, Waverli and now Brie. I didn't need to go food shopping for her homecoming atleast! I've been stockpiling for a year in preparation. Very Happy

I admit- I HAVE A PROBLEM!

Post  Kelly on Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:08 pm

So the empty shelf and the shelf that has stuff to be cut up are fuller! Got a garbage bag full o' meat tonight for free off Kijiji! *loves free meat*

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:08 pm