Raw Pet Food

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raw Pet Food

A forum for raw-feeding families to chat, discuss, and learn!

2 posters

wild caught critters

Timothea
    Timothea

wild caught critters Empty wild caught critters

Post  Timothea Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:17 am

Okay, so I know that I can buy mice, pinkies, fuzzies and the like, but it appears that I have some in the basement, I've had them before, and my dog has caught one in the past, but the question is, if I catch with traps, can I freeze them to kill off the parasites and then feed them to my kittys? Do you bother skinning them first?

(Update, Kelly has one baby kitty for me at her house, and will have another in a week!!!! She's even going to try to switch to raw at her place, so most of the work will be done before they even get here!!! LOVE YOU KELLY!!)

Just have to kill the mousies anyway, why waste 'em?
    Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

wild caught critters Empty Re: wild caught critters

Post  Kelly Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:37 am

Good question. I was always hesitant to feed mice/rats from a house because you never know what your neighbours fed them (poison).

I guess it's all about risk assesment. If you feel comfortable, why not! I feed roadkill happily, whereas a lot of other people would never dream of it.

(You're kitten is NOT HAPPY about being in a crate. BUT HE ATE RAW HEART TODAY!)
    Timothea
    Timothea

Post  Timothea Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:14 pm

Okay, how come not happy? Is he still hissing at all the others? I lost the pics you sent me, you can only go back a few messages before they get pushed out, should have started a new thread. Can you please send them again? I want to start a name that kitty thread.
    Timothea
    Timothea

Post  Timothea Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:02 pm

Okay, Connor is now calling them Frodo and Bilbo. I promised him a Bilbo last spring, so it looks like both names will stick, Frodo will be the snowshoe kitty.
    Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

Post  Kelly Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:30 pm

He doesn't want to be stuck in the kennel he wants to be out causing havoc. Wink

We only let him out when we can watch him, so otherwise he has to stay put away for his and our safety. A few weeks shouldn't be too torturous. Right now he is attacking me whilst I type and jebus those claws HURT. I will be covered in pin pricks when you see me for the first time!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 am