Raw Pet Food

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raw Pet Food

A forum for raw-feeding families to chat, discuss, and learn!

2 posters

Baby rabbits

Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

Baby rabbits Empty Baby rabbits

Post  Kelly Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:46 pm

We had baby rabbits today (local woman we get our adult rabbits from also gives us natural death kits), I put fish oils on them as I try and make sure they get their fish oils this way (we dont feed fish often enough yet).

The only one who ate it was Penelope (usually the pickiest, never looked twice at the mice). Jasper, who LOVED the mice and would hoard them all for himself, wasn't even a little interested.

So, atleast we know SOMEONE will eat them and they went back into the fridge for tomorrow.
    Heather
    Heather

Baby rabbits Empty Re: Baby rabbits

Post  Heather Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:04 am

Wav loves nestbox losses. They are perfect meal size aren't they? What a good deal for you to be able to get them.
    Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

Post  Kelly Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:04 pm

I think I'm charged.. 1.00-1.50 per, I can't really remember. I also get my adult mice at 1.00. I only wish they would ALL eat them. Sad
    Heather
    Heather

Post  Heather Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:48 pm

That's not too bad of a price. I thought about ordering some rabbit pinkies but since I have adult rabbits I processed it seemed pretty pointless. Did you work your kitties up in size on the mice or did you go straight to adults? Sometimes the fur and the taste and the addition of all the organs will put cats off fast. I find it's easier to intro mice/rats as pinkies and then work up in the fur department.
    Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

Post  Kelly Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:07 pm

We tried some pinkies, and nada. The one cat took right to adults, I do cut them in half so they can smell the "good stuff", and all of them have eaten SOME mouse parts (fur and all) so I know it's just a matter of time.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:44 am