Raw Pet Food

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raw Pet Food

A forum for raw-feeding families to chat, discuss, and learn!

3 posters

"Solid"

Heather
    Heather

"Solid" Empty "Solid"

Post  Heather Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:03 pm

I'm curious if this is due to being raw fed and if so, only since weaning or at any point?

My stepdad mentioned he went to pick Waverli up and she was "really heavy" but she is not fat by any means. She does not have a flabby belly- it's flat and firm. You can feel her muscles under the skin and they are very well toned and better developed than any of our other cats. She is a rather small framed cat and doesn't look freakish by any means but I'm just curious if others have cats the same way or not?
    Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

"Solid" Empty Re: "Solid"

Post  Kelly Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:24 am

One of ours, Jasper, is solid. The rest so-so. Jasper is thin, trim, smooth.. but 13lbs. As much as our old man cat who is a good half bigger than him. We were surprised.
    Siam
    Siam

Post  Siam Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:59 pm

I know some breeds are specifically supposed to be that way "they should feel heavier than they look". I bet the proper diet allows for the cat to be at his best body condition. That and genetics of course, I know of a pit bull who is RIPPED, beautifully muscled, lean dog who is simply a pet with very good genetics and on a good food, they don't do sports or give any more exercise than most dogs get. I can see Willie becoming more muscled on raw than he previously was but he will never feel heavy, he's a very small framed cat, no matter how much muscle he builds, he's built more like a runner, not a football player.
    Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

Post  Kelly Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:22 am

I really do think the diet has a LOT to do with it though.. Jasper could have very well turned out thin and weighed less, I think, had we not put him on raw.

The 2 eldest were raw switched, so I sadly may never know with Zaq (15) but Penelope may one day become "solid" (4) down the line. Elliot is the same age roughly as Jasper, but he was sickly (VERY) as a baby and he's stayed thin ever since.. although, on raw he HAS filled out enough that you can't feel his spine anymore!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:15 am