Raw Pet Food

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raw Pet Food

A forum for raw-feeding families to chat, discuss, and learn!

3 posters

Picture of a fifteen year olds teeth!

Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

Picture of a fifteen year olds teeth! Empty Picture of a fifteen year olds teeth!

Post  Kelly Sun May 24, 2009 11:16 am

Forgive the yellowness of the area, my rooms are pink/orange! Also, the shadowing on his back teeth is just that, he has NO tarter or plaque!

Picture of a fifteen year olds teeth! DSCF5221
    Timothea
    Timothea

Picture of a fifteen year olds teeth! Empty Re: Picture of a fifteen year olds teeth!

Post  Timothea Wed May 27, 2009 7:17 am

Bet the vet loves it, and thinks you brush every day!
    Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

Picture of a fifteen year olds teeth! Empty Re: Picture of a fifteen year olds teeth!

Post  Kelly Wed May 27, 2009 8:20 am

The last time we were at the vet (pre-raw) he actually commented that his teeth "weren't too bad for his age". They've only gotten cleaner and whiter! Luckily, we havent had a reason to visit the vet since. *knock on wood*
    Siam
    Siam

Post  Siam Thu May 28, 2009 4:44 pm

That's amazing! My neighbors cat lost all her teeth by 15. What's healthier, the food that rots the teeth unless you brush or the food that brushes the teeth while they eat? I'm actually somewhat disappointed at Willie's teeth, he's almost three and his teeth are not that great. I mean we have not been doing raw for that long and we are not 100% raw yet but I really want him to have pearly whites and never need a dental cleaning, I decided on raw for teeth and gum health. Maybe he just needs more time on the diet. I do know genetics contribute as well so who knows, I haven't been to the vet with him since he was neutered at 6 months so I'll have to see what the vet says about the teeth next time we go.
    Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

Post  Kelly Thu May 28, 2009 7:17 pm

Exactly, his teeth amaze me! If the SO wasn't unemployed, I'd seriously consider taking him to the vet JUST to "do a wellness check" and get praise about his teeth. Wink

Zaq has been on raw only for almost a year now, 8mths of raw/wet mix before that. So you've got some time, your kitties should get pearly whites if you stick to it!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:44 pm