Raw Pet Food

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raw Pet Food

A forum for raw-feeding families to chat, discuss, and learn!

2 posters

Woowoo! TRIPE!

Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

Woowoo! TRIPE! Empty Woowoo! TRIPE!

Post  Kelly Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:09 pm

We now have a reliable contact for tripe! He gives us ONE WHOLE stomach/intestines for .. ready?

TEN DOLLARS! affraid

Woowoo!
    Heather
    Heather

Woowoo! TRIPE! Empty Re: Woowoo! TRIPE!

Post  Heather Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:13 pm

How much does it weigh? scratch Are you going to clean out the intestines to feed or are you tossing them? I tried to salvage the sheep intestines but I just couldn't. I had to leave them in the woods. Amos normaly likes to roll on them rather than eat them so I figured the time cleaning would be wasted.
    Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

Post  Kelly Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:27 pm

About 20-30lbs of tripe.

They were roughly cleaned before we got them, and we left it as is. Smelly. :X

So far, the cats have let us know tripe is NOT a dignified food, and the dog may eat it. Infact, I'm pretty sure after Zaq sniffed it I heard "Why are you trying to feed me poop?"
    Heather
    Heather

Post  Heather Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:15 pm

Kelly wrote:So far, the cats have let us know tripe is NOT a dignified food, and the dog may eat it. Infact, I'm pretty sure after Zaq sniffed it I heard "Why are you trying to feed me poop?"

LMAO! Cats are so funny aren't they? Wav must be very undignified because she loves tripe. Probably more than Amos. But, then again, she loves everything more than Amos does. Rolling Eyes
    Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

Post  Kelly Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:40 pm

Oh man, I think that has a lot to do with her eating raw from day 1. Again, so jealous. Sad

Even Betty does not appreciate the tripe! So sad. T gets it all. Razz
    Heather
    Heather

Post  Heather Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:46 pm

Remember, I have one unswitchable cat and one cat that vomits everything but expensive boneless chicken, turkey and pork. Noelle the cat that hates raw will leave the room and not come back if she is simply shown a piece of meat. If it's anywhere near her bowl she won't eat her kibble either. I don't even WANT to try and switch her.
    Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

Post  Kelly Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:27 am

I forgot about them! You should post more about them, it would make me feel less jealous. LOL

The one reason I don't ever want another cat? Too hard to switch. Razz In 20 year maybe we'll be getting a new cat and IF we do, they will be a pair or trio of kittens who ALL start raw. EAT WHAT I GIVE YOU! LOL
    Heather
    Heather

Post  Heather Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:25 am

LOL! On second thought, to evade the jealous feelings altogether you could raise up a pair or trio of bottle kittens and wean them right onto raw! What a Face You might not be so envious at 3 in the morning when the babies are screaming at you for food. Hehe.
    Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

Post  Kelly Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:31 pm

So true. I'd likely cry myself crazy! LOL Such a wonderful woman you are to be able to deal with that!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content