Raw Pet Food

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raw Pet Food

A forum for raw-feeding families to chat, discuss, and learn!

2 posters

FatDog and her pooping habits on new food

Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

FatDog and her pooping habits on new food Empty FatDog and her pooping habits on new food

Post  Kelly Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:26 pm

So currently, we are mixing very crappy canned food with FatDogs raw chunks to get her used to better stuff (the cheap canned smells worse and she wasn't eating anything at first so it's a pick-your-battle moment).

She will gladly eat her raw chunks in the canned, with some scalding water added.

My worry:

She last pooped Monday AM. That's it. No more poopies yet. I thought for sure she'd be getting the runs with the instant change of food (IAMS dry to cheap canned w/raw), but I didn't expect this!

My theories are that mayhaps she is using all the nutrients from the foods now, and water content, so there is just nothing "wasted" yet? We still have one bedtime walkie to do tonight, so maybe she'll poop then.

She doesn't seem to be straining, or having any issues. Infact, she's jumping up on my legs now, doing prairie dog impressions while begging for food, and being an active lil thing (3 walks a day, around the block.. she HATES them after the first 2 minutes! LOL).

So, should we be giving her anything? I was considering a bit of liver or pumpkin if she doesn't poop by tomorrow night. Her prior poops were well formed, the last one had a bit of a runny end to it, but nothing bad.
    Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

FatDog and her pooping habits on new food Empty Re: FatDog and her pooping habits on new food

Post  Kelly Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:19 pm

Replying to my own post.. oh yeah!

She pooped. Tiny, hard, less smelly than the others. Rolling Eyes
    Siam
    Siam

FatDog and her pooping habits on new food Empty Re: FatDog and her pooping habits on new food

Post  Siam Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:19 pm

Well that's good lol. No trouble going I hope? Canned Pumpkin is always worth a try in the future, magical stuff, helps with constipation AND diarrhea.
    Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

Post  Kelly Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:06 pm

No straining, just pooping less often than I thought she would (altho, I really should have known better I really just assumed she'd get the runs from the food change!).

We have some canned pumpkin frozen in icecubes for that very reason (altho it's for me not the dogs Embarassed )! I had taken a cube out of the tray and put it in her food dish on the counter before we went on our final walkie last night, and then she pooped! LOL Pooped again this AM too.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:14 pm