Raw Pet Food

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raw Pet Food

A forum for raw-feeding families to chat, discuss, and learn!

3 posters

cleaning up

Siam
    Siam

cleaning up Empty cleaning up

Post  Siam Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:48 pm

Last night Willie decided his food didn't need to stay on the plate and he dragged it across the cat tree and plopped it on the carpet leaving bone marrow nastiness in it's path. What should I use to clean this up without staining anything? I have enzymatic cleaners, do you think they are good for sanitization?
    Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

cleaning up Empty Re: cleaning up

Post  Kelly Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:54 pm

We had this issue the other night, with liver *EW LIVER BLOOD ON WHITE CARPET!!!*

We used cold water with a little dish soap, and paper towel, then bleach/water in a spray bottle.

First, we poured the cold water/sudsy soap on the area, and used the paper towel to wipe it up/rub the carpet gently. Then we soaked up the excess water/soap with paper towels and sprayed the area with a weak bleach/water solution we keep in our spray bottle (clearly marked BLEACH on it!) to sanitize. Smile
    Auntie Crazy
    Auntie Crazy

Post  Auntie Crazy Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:27 pm

For my three older cats, I've been laying a towel down on the feeding table and putting the food directly onto the towel. It's works great with them because they've been eating off this same table all their lives and they're accustomed to staying in one place. When they're done eating, I just roll the towel up and throw it in the laundry. I love the simplicity of it; no bowls and no surface to clean, just an extra load of laundry once a week. Very Happy

The kittens eat on the counter, since that's where I prepare their meals and they simple WON'T stay off it. My attempt to move them to a separate table failed utterly, but at least the counter is easy to clean. Spencer is the only one who occasionally runs off. I'm hoping he'll eventually relax enough that he no longer feels the need to protect his "catch" so I'll no longer have to chase him around cleaning meat juice off my rugs. Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:09 pm