Raw Pet Food

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raw Pet Food

A forum for raw-feeding families to chat, discuss, and learn!

4 posters

Organic meat contact, my favourite new butcher! **UPDATE**

Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

Organic meat contact, my favourite new butcher! **UPDATE** Empty Organic meat contact, my favourite new butcher! **UPDATE**

Post  Kelly Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:51 pm

I went in to make a contact, and it seemed to go well. I went by today, to see if they'd gotten word from their boss.. well, he wasn't in, but the butcher was!

He gave me 2 lamb hearts, 2 lamb livers, 2 sets of lamb lungs and EIGHT kidneys... for free.

What? Oh yes, I said F.R.E.E.

*dies of happy*

I also bought two beef hearts, they only charge $5 for two!

He said I should come down EVERY SUNDAY and he will give me everything he has left over from the week. EVERY SUNDAY! I was squeeling and jumping around when I got home, I am so happy! T, I already have more kindey than I need with the 8 I got today, so between you, my mom and my one friend this will all be up for trade!

I have pics! ('Cuz it makes me happy)

Left to right: Kidney/Heart/Moms stuff (big dogfood: two whole lungs and half a lamb liver)/Liver & Lung;

Organic meat contact, my favourite new butcher! **UPDATE** DSCF5057

Organic meat contact, my favourite new butcher! **UPDATE** DSCF5049
    Organic meat contact, my favourite new butcher! **UPDATE** DSCF5052
    Organic meat contact, my favourite new butcher! **UPDATE** DSCF5053
    Organic meat contact, my favourite new butcher! **UPDATE** DSCF5055

Last edited by Kelly on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:41 am; edited 2 times in total
    Heather
    Heather

Organic meat contact, my favourite new butcher! **UPDATE** Empty Re: Organic meat contact, my favourite new butcher! **UPDATE**

Post  Heather Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:09 pm

Dang Kelly! I'm going to have to try your tactics in making friends with meat people. Say.. what IS your approach? Do you bring brownies? How are you wording the initial questions when asking for free or cheap stuff?
    Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

Organic meat contact, my favourite new butcher! **UPDATE** Empty Re: Organic meat contact, my favourite new butcher! **UPDATE**

Post  Kelly Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:19 pm

Hah, magic words. Razz

No brownies, just use the "My pets are allergic to commercial pet food..." route, mention they are rescues, four cats & two dogs... it gets pricey feeding them all b/c meat is expensive. Just looking for contacts that may have free/cheap meat/organs/etc. Specify I will take -ANYTHING- at all -lungs/organs/freezer burnt/scrap. Offer to pick up. Smile a lot. Use a sweet voice. LOL

I also ALWAYS offer to sign any type of paper/contract that states I am using this specifically for pet use, not my own or resale.

I joke around a lot too. Smile

I wish the boarder wasn't so hard to send things over, otherwise I'd send you all organs! Siam especially, having such a hard time. Sad
    Timothea
    Timothea

Post  Timothea Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:48 am

Kelly did you forget to mention the low cut blouse and the batting of eyelashes? (lol, just kidding)

Great deal! Definitely in for trades in a bit. Just had to turn down 60lbs of tripe for 15$, don't have the room right now! Very sad.
    Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

Post  Kelly Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:31 pm

I did forget that part, because it's my secret! Razz What would people think of me if they knew I flaunted my goods for meat? Laughing

I will also mention though, that I generally am wearing office attire when I am inquiring. So mayhap that helps? Slacks/blouses/sweaters.

T, see silly girl, trading will GIVE YOU ROOM! I am getting you two whole tripes, I've got you two small bunnies here, and one Sunday I will likely give you all the organs I get from the organic butcher. Trade me some pork, and TA DA! You have room!
    Heather
    Heather

Post  Heather Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:14 am

Or do what I did and get another dog to help you make room! It's a tried and true method. Very Happy
    Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

Post  Kelly Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:40 pm

Today is Sunday!

Went to the butchers, and I came home with 50lbs of pork liver, lamb scraps (got about 5 meals worth of meat off all that fat scrap), two pig tails, a kidney, and FIVE sets of lamb insides (incl in each: 2 lung, liver, heart - one had a kidney, three had a ... thymus?, the other had no extras).

T, I saved some liver for you, and a lung if you want it, also, will start saving you various organ meat. I think I have one kidney for you. If this keeps up, you'll never have to buy organ again. Razz
    Auntie Crazy
    Auntie Crazy

Post  Auntie Crazy Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:50 pm

Wow, I'm way jealous!!! Organ meat is still the only food I'm having trouble sourcing. I can buy beef kidney cheep whenever I want to (it's offered at my local grocery store), but I simply can't get my hands on anything else. *sigh*
    Timothea
    Timothea

Post  Timothea Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:57 am

Sounds great! I think I'll have to organize a meat swap in the summer at the barbeque I'm having everyone come to. If we can all just get one really great source, and bring our extras, like a clothing swap, we'll all go home with a little bit of everything! Just bring a big cooler! Funny that we're all raw feeders on my board, think like minded people get along well!
    Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

Post  Kelly Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:29 am

Woohoo! Meat swap BBQ, sounds good. LOL I am so there, and Betty will come (but sit and growl at the big dogs all day Rolling Eyes maybe all you good dog trainers can teach her to give it up LOL - my best method with her is to just correct the growling and ignore her).

Auntie, I wish I could send you and Siam some organs, but the customs people don't allow that. Sad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:04 pm