Raw Pet Food

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raw Pet Food

A forum for raw-feeding families to chat, discuss, and learn!

2 posters

Beef fat,pork fat found at local grocery store

yassy
    yassy

Beef fat,pork fat found at local grocery store Empty Beef fat,pork fat found at local grocery store

Post  yassy Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:39 pm

Last week,at our local grocery store,I found meat section had package of fat:beef and pork. I did not have any intention to buy a package of fat but took a look at price.It was over $1 per pound.Wasn't cheap for fat.

I have asked meat guy long time ago,whether they sell scraps or not and they told me back then that they can't sell but they started selling only block of fat.I wonder if many people come to meat guy asking for scraps and the store itself changed policy.They started selling more liver too.

Recently,my husband found a butcher shop near his workplace.He has not been there yet and not sure what they will look like,but we plan to visit there someday.I am excited to hear the news and,I find it funny finding a meat store makes me happy:)

Palette turned 4 last month,being healthy with good energy. I hope she lives healthy for many years to come.
    Radhika657

Beef fat,pork fat found at local grocery store Empty Re: Beef fat,pork fat found at local grocery store

Post  Radhika657 Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:06 am

in general is it safe to give frozen meat or organs that were imported?

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:29 am