Raw Pet Food

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raw Pet Food

A forum for raw-feeding families to chat, discuss, and learn!

3 posters

Woo! Found a local who has the contract for all city roadkill pickups ...

Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

Woo! Found a local who has the contract for all city roadkill pickups ... Empty Woo! Found a local who has the contract for all city roadkill pickups ...

Post  Kelly Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:48 am

and he is now my squirrel/bunny/beaver/etc supplier!

Told him no skunks/raccoons... but the rest I want as long as they are fresh hits, and no signs of illness. He says they will collect and freeze immediately any they find and give me a call when it's "worth while" for me to drive to Strathroy.

Timothea? You in? I'll probably get more than I know what to do with!
    Timothea
    Timothea

Woo! Found a local who has the contract for all city roadkill pickups ... Empty Re: Woo! Found a local who has the contract for all city roadkill pickups ...

Post  Timothea Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:03 pm

Strathroy is about two hours away from me, and I can only hold so much on my Vespa, so may not be doable. (two hours with roadkill in a cooler behind you on a hot engine? I dunno...)
    But I would love to have you bring any extra if you do come for a visit! I plan on getting my place fenced this spring, so Charlotte and Betty could romp in the yard, and we could have coffee or something. I'd fix you lunch, but not from the roadkill. pale I can go to the field trials, get lots of birds, and we can trade, roadkill for redneck kill. Or, if I get the info on the field trial early enough, you can come to it with me!!
    Heather
    Heather

Woo! Found a local who has the contract for all city roadkill pickups ... Empty Re: Woo! Found a local who has the contract for all city roadkill pickups ...

Post  Heather Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:22 am

Kelly, you are the queen of resourcefulness.
    Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

Post  Kelly Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:38 pm

Thanks to you, Heather!

I also got in contact with a rabbit breeder who will give me any deaths of elderly rabbits and nest deaths for free! Woo!

Timothea, I am more than happy to make trips to see you and swap meat/visit.. tea! sounds wonderful, and yes, please.. no roadkill. What a Face We could make a day of chopping up stuff together! oOOooOooo.. how girly.

(As an aside, Betty is scared of big dogs, so mayhaps Charlotte will fix this problem! LOL)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:29 pm