Raw Pet Food

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raw Pet Food

A forum for raw-feeding families to chat, discuss, and learn!

+3
Siam
artsiekat
skKi
7 posters

Hi from a newbie

skKi
    skKi

Hi from a newbie Empty Hi from a newbie

Post  skKi Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:11 pm

Hello! My name is skKi, I live in British Columbia with my Nova Scotia duck tolling retriever, Pit, my roommate's samoyed, Zero, and her cat, Mickee; all of which enjoy a healthy raw diet.

I've been feeding raw since I got Pit about 2 years ago and recently switched Mickee over since he had chronic diarrhea and bloody stool which the vet was unable to successfully diagnose. Less than 2 weeks after the switch, he was 100% fine and hasn't had a problem since!

I feed prey model with the dogs, and am working up to introducing bone into Mickee's diet. He's a little harder to convince on eating whole animals than the dogs, that's for sure.

I'm by no means an expert and am open to learn everything I can to ensure I'm doing the right thing for my pets, so I look forward to discussions with all you members.
    artsiekat
    artsiekat

Hi from a newbie Empty Re: Hi from a newbie

Post  artsiekat Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:11 pm

Hiand welcome! I look forward to learning from eachother, too. Smile
    Siam
    Siam

Post  Siam Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:50 pm

Hi skKi, welcome to the forum! I'm always amazed at the health conditions that can be completely cured simply by feeding pets an appropriate diet, even when modern medicine fails, it's truly amazing and I'm glad you knew enough to give raw a try. Cats definitely seem harder to transition than dogs, I'm having troubles with the cats myself, though Willie successfully ate his first bones (yay!). I'm glad to see you over here and look forward to chatting about raw!
    Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

Post  Kelly Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:20 pm

Welcome! Glad you could join us, and can't wait to hear more about your adventures in raw. Smile

I find that learning from each other is a wonderful way to help our pets even more.
    catalat
    catalat

Post  catalat Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:41 pm

Hello! I love Nova cotia Duck Tolling Retrievers, they are beautiful dogs....never seen one in person- I don't think they are too common in my area Smile Looking forward to seeing pictures of Pit!
    Heather
    Heather

Post  Heather Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:53 pm

Welcome skKi! Your dog is beautiful and how wonderful for you and your roommate to have your dogs on the same diet.
    Timothea
    Timothea

Post  Timothea Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:51 pm

Hi, welcome. Is your roommate posting on here too? Would love to hear about her transitioning the cat, I plan on getting one soon, and heard how finicky they are. Hoping this board will walk me through it before I get her.

Dogs are easy, just show them the food and *poof* where'd it go?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:23 pm