Raw Pet Food

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raw Pet Food

A forum for raw-feeding families to chat, discuss, and learn!

5 posters

sta me bij
    sta me bij

Newbie Empty Newbie

Post  sta me bij Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:15 pm

Hi all, this forum was recommended on another board I belong to, I want to switch one of my dogs to raw, so decided to join Smile

I own two dogs, Sofie (a Westie) and Dutch (a Friese Stabij/Stabyhoun). Sofie is two, Dutch is 13-14 weeks (need to check the calendar, the weeks have been flying by Shocked). I am looking into switching Dutch to a raw diet, unfortunately Sofie will never be 100% raw (will be supplemented) because of personal reasons. Since Dutch is a puppy I worry about him getting the proper nutrition he needs and the correct amount, so reading up before making the full transition.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and the forum Smile
    Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

Newbie Empty Re: Newbie

Post  Kelly Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:35 pm

Welcome! I hope you find the information you are looking for, and if not right away, be patient with us (we are new) Smile

Can I ask why the lil one wont be changed? Just curious.
    Siam
    Siam

Post  Siam Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:13 pm

Hi welcome to the forum! It's not too hard to balance the diet, just make sure they get a little of everything, meat bones, liver and other organs, it's not as hard as it first sounds. I would love to see some pics of your dogs, I've never seen Dutch's breeds, though I've heard of Stabyhouns before. Hope you learn everything you need here and that your pups transition to the raw diet without any problems.
    artsiekat
    artsiekat

Post  artsiekat Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:11 am

Hi! Welcome, I'm still rather new to the raw too, but I'll be glad to help if I can!
    sta me bij
    sta me bij

Post  sta me bij Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:03 am

Thanks for the welcome everyone Smile

Kelly wrote:Can I ask why the lil one wont be changed? Just curious.

In a few months after we return to the states she will go to live with my sister primarily who will not feed 100% raw. She will be on canned/kibble with RMBs throughout the week.

Siam wrote:I would love to see some pics of your dogs, I've never seen Dutch's breeds, though I've heard of Stabyhouns before.

Here are a few of Dutch, I need to upload more recent ones, he is getting so big so quick!
    Newbie 3224605645_6bf519b530
    Newbie 3225459116_7829c2d244
    Newbie 3224604629_fb5fea7f85
    Timothea
    Timothea

Post  Timothea Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:59 pm

Oh, I love puppy pics, send more when you get them! Too bad your sis won't feed fully raw, but at least she is still giving RMBs!! I fed my puppy raw from around the age yours is now, so I can answer any questions about how it went with us, I'm sure there are others on here that did the same, or will be soon. My pup is 10 months now, and doing great. The one thing you won't get with a puppy that you will with an older dog is the period of ill health that some dogs go through, because of their poor immunity, and the introduction of new bacteria to their systems. What a lot of people call the detoxing, out with the old, in with the new.

Your pup won't have as bad of an immune system as those switching dogs fed years of junk dog food will, and you won't notice such a drastic change in them from the before and after, but you're definitely going to set him up for a lifetime of excellent health!
    Kelly
    Kelly
    Admin

Post  Kelly Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:01 pm

Some is better than none, I always say! And hey, maybe one day she will decide to do the switch and join us here on the dark side. Wink

Your puppy is adorable! Love the face!
    sta me bij
    sta me bij

Post  sta me bij Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:51 am

Kelly wrote:And hey, maybe one day she will decide to do the switch and join us here on the dark side. Wink

I've already tried persuading her with cookies LaughingLaughingWink

Thanks everyone for the welcome again! Right now I'm introducing raw slowly and it's coming along great (he loves his RMBs). I fly out next week to the states (ack, the time is flying by) Shocked So hopefully thereafter he will go 100%.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:00 pm